Our house turns 100 this year, the old gal creaks and moans about. The original oak is still beautiful. Our bathroom still needs to be remodeled and it’s a constant upkeep but I still think it deserves a nod. Not everything lasts to a 100 years anymore. For the celebration, I designed a new flag to hang out front and alas the size was super humongous. Far too shy to wave it outside so I’ll post it here. If I was a store it would definitely get your attention. I’m not use to designing small signs that aren’t meant to grab your attention I guess.
So I looked up some other things that happened in 1910
- February 20 – Boutros Ghali, the first native-born prime minister of Egypt, is assassinated.
- March – An uprising against Ottoman rule breaks out in Albania.
- The DELAG Zeppelin dirigible, Deustschland, makes the first commercial passenger flight from Friedrichshafen to Düsseldorf in Germany. The flight takes nine hours.
- May 6 – George V becomes King of the United Kingdom upon the death of his father, Edward VII.
- May 31 – The Union of South Africa is created.
- July 22 – A wireless telegraph sent from the SS Montrose results in the identification and later arrest and execution of murderer Dr. Hawley Crippen.
- August 14 – A fire at the World Exhibition in Brussels destroys exhibitions of Britain and France.
- The first air flight for the purpose of delivering commercial freight takes place in the United States of America. The flight, made by Wright Brothers pilot Philip Parmalee Between Dayton, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio.
- Henry Ford sells 10,000 automobiles.
- June 11 – Jacques-Yves Cousteau is born, French naval officer, explorer, ecologist, filmmaker, scientist, photographer and researcher
- August 26 – Mother Teresa, Albanian nun and humanitarian is born