Bruce and I started a semi week off. I say semi because we never get a real week off without a client having some sort of an emergency. Such is life for a business owner. Plus I have projects in the midst of approvals. Definitely, slowing down this week and focusing on us and all the small moments. We started the week venturing through antique stores and flea markets. I picked up some goodies like a great cutting board and an early red ware piece with green patina. My grandfather dropped off mums. It’s mums season already.
I picked up “How to Hygge” at Peterson Farms and read the whole book in one afternoon. I don’t remember when I was able to read a whole book in one sitting.
We spent the evening baking a Bundt cake from the recipes in the book with our own little twist. If you’re looking for a book on how to slow down and live more close to nature and learn about Hygge it’s a quick read and leaves you feeling a bit more balanced.
Here’s our take on the Bundt Cake… Hygge Influence use what we have in our pantry and is ripe… simple and it worked
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1-1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- Port enough to cover blueberries
- 1-3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Almonds Ground
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 lb Butter Room Temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesCooking Spray and lightly flour bundt cakePlace Blueberries in a bowl and cover with port.
- Sift flour, ground almonds, baking powder and sea salt in bowl.In mixer add butter and sugar until creamed. Add one egg at a time until blended. Fold in flour mixture. Then Sour cream and vanilla mixture until smooth.
- Drain blueberries and reserve port. Fold blueberries into cake mixture. Spoon the batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
For the glaze
- Squeeze juice of one lemon. Add two tsps of reserved port to confectionery sugar and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Pour glaze over your cake and enjoy.
*Our Sourcebook contains affiliate links at no cost to you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Please enjoy our suggestions.