Every Friday, Bruce and I are out of the house around 7:00 am for our Friday Morning Network Meeting. We usually stop at the local coffee shop and pick up an x-large coffee because you need a little extra juice in the morning when you have to not only be up but be on point. For over a decade, this has become our Friday routine.
These are more than networking friends and clients. They’re special confidants and the team behind us cheering us on. As a household, with two small business owners trust me you need a team to cheer you on some days.
This week was my turn to be the presenter and instead of our normal meeting location I agreed to host the event. The members fluctuate, we could have 20 people sometimes and other days ten at the meeting. Choosing the menu can be tricky. If you’re doing an open breakfast party here are some ideas.
Since guests arrive at 7:15- 7:30 wake up call is 5:30 am. So you need to have a bit of preparation done the night before. All of our seating and tables were ready for us in the morning. Cups, Dishes, Silverware were all in place. Coffee was all set and scheduled. All the ingredients were diced and mixed together and put in the refrigerator. At 5:30 in the morning anything could happen whatever you can get done when you’re awake the day before do! Keep it simple because I know I don’t want to think in the morning. I just pour my ingredients in my pie shell and turn on oven. While oven is working its magic I frosted the scones. I wish I could have frosted them a day earlier but they just don’t feel as yummy and fresh.
Mushroom Spinach Quiche
- 1 Prepared Pie Crust
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Shallot Diced
- 8 oz Bella Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Borsari Orginal Seasoning 2-3 Shakes
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 12 oz Swiss Cheese Grated
- Preheat Oven to 350. Use an 8 or 9″ Pie Pan. Place Prepared Pie Crust in the Pan.
- Melt Butter and Shallots and Slice Mushrooms to Saute Pan. Wait to shallots brown and mushrooms soften. Then add Baby Spinach to the pan. Sprinkle with 2-3 Shakes Borsari Seasoning (no Borsari!.. Sigh. I’ll let you use 1 tsp garlic, S+P instead it just won’t taste like mine!) Cook until Spinach wilts and releases moisture. Set Aside.
- Whisk Eggs and Heavy Cream until Combined. Stir in Swiss Cheese. Then stir in your Saute Pan Ingredients. Pour into your prepared pie pan and bake for 45 minutes or until there is no wiggle in the middle.
Borsari Original Seasoning