Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Peppermint Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Add the butter and peppermint in a saucepan over medium heat. Let the butter melt and stir the peppermint frequently. Once melted remove from heat and let the peppermint infuse in the butter for a 1/2 hour.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the 1/2 hour remove the mint from the butter and strain any excess butter from the mint. Throw the mint aside. Beat the peppermint butter and sugars until light and creamy. Then add egg and vanilla. Beat away. Then slowly add flour, baking soda and salt to the mix and beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.Chill for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Roll dough into balls. Six cookies per sheet.Bake for 11 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
It’s the season of mint. We have spearmint, lemon mint, mojito mint, peppermint growing and suffocating out grasses and gardens here and there. What do you do with all your mint? Well, if you’re looking for ways to use your mint try these peppermint chocolate chip cookies.
I’m sure spearmint would work just as well. You will find spearmint to be slightly stronger then it’s cousin peppermint. We’ll be heading down to my parents shortly to harvest their patch of spearmint. We know it’s ready when my dad reports that the scent is about ready to knock him off his tractor.
Mint and Chocolate or Peanut Butter and Chocolate? I think my favorite is mint and chocolate, a dark chocolate preferably. The flavor teleports me back to childhood to getting junior mints and sneaking Dark Chocolate Covered Thin Mints from my parents hidden stash.
*Our Sourcebook contains affiliate links at no cost to you. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Please enjoy our suggestions.